So yesterday, I came home from work really late, and as I was lazily checking my notifications before bed, I nearly lost my nonsense when I saw that Home, Heart and Hook had nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award!! So first off, thank you so so much to her, for making my day, & showing me that people DO actually read my blog, & are liking what they see~
The rules of receiving the Versatile Blogger Award are as follows…
Nominees must: Tell seven things about themselves, pass the award on to (up to) 15 other blogs and thank the person who nominated them for the award. Also no one is obligated to take the award, so don’t feel you have to accept it.
So let’s start off with 7 things about myself!
1. I’m left-handed, but I crochet right handed because when I was being taught, we were in the car, & it was just less confusing to not worry about having to make everything “backwards”.
2. I’m an NC gal, born & raised. I’m the only one of the 4 kids in my family that has never lived in another state.
3. My favorite food, any day, is spaghetti. But it has to be made a particular way, with certain noodles & sauce, otherwise I won’t even consider it spaghetti.
4. I speak English, French, Spanish, limited Russian, & now i’m studying German! I can never get enough of learning languages.
5. I tried to pick up knitting in 3rd grade when it became “popular”, but I hated it so i never really caught on. However, 10 years later, picking up the hook felt like the most natural thing in the world & I feel like i’ve been crocheting for years!
6. I’m currently studying Sociology at my university, but I hope to actually being pursuing EMT training as early as next summer.
7. My favorite movie is currently 300 mainly because of awesome story line, cinematography, & Gerard Butler. My LEAST favorite movie, as my boyfriend so lovingly reminded me, is Silent Hill because of that HORRIBLE scene where that disgusting guy all tied up in barbed wire is dragging himself across the floor while flicking his tongue back & forth. ugh.
here are my nominations:
On a final note, I’ve finished up my yellow rug! I’ll have a picture of that tomorrow.
while you’re waiting for that, here’s a cute little bowl/basket I crocheted up really quick, out of the t-shirt yarn I made in the tutorial!
Hope ya’ll have a great monday!